The whole package to balance your training, recovery and nutrition.
You workout for an hour, let's make a plan for the other 23.
Slow down and appreciate your nutrition.
- Eating slowly and mindfully
- Recognizing physical hunger and fullness
- Identifying irregular eating intervals
- Relationship between food and feelings
- Finding satisfaction from meals
Fit for Life
Achieve the maximum benefit from the minimal dose of training.
- Getting enough regular exercise and activity
- Avoiding overtraining
- Following the progression of mechanics and consistency, then adding relative intensity
- Placing value on modifications and understanding the purpose of training
Understand how fuel affects your body.
- Prioritizing whole food sources
- Meeting basic nutrient needs
- Staying hydrated
- Awareness of sugar in beverages
- Mindful alcohol consumption
Recover with Intensity
Your recovery is just as important as your training.
- Getting eight hours of quality sleep
- Getting enough recovery (massage, yoga, mobility, etc..)
- Learning the basics of foam rolling and tissue work
- Connection to industry resources (the doctors we trust when we don't know the answers)
Plan for the results you want.
- Basic food prep
- Food shopping and awareness strategies
- Communicating needs effectively (social situations with food/drinks)
- Planning indulgences
Creating a Supportive Environment
Do you influence your environment, or does it influence you?
- Creating an environment that actively supports the outcome you want
- Addressing unsupportive social networks
- Surrounding yourself with situations that challenge you and enable you to grow
Mindset and Your Path Forward
We win or we learn.
- Adopting a growth mindset
- Consistency is the goal
- Busyness and stress
- Handling life overwhelm