Slowing down and appreciating your nutrition
- Eating slowly and mindfully
- Recognizing physical hunger and fullness
- Identifying irregular eating intervals
- Relationship of food to feelings
- Finding satisfaction from meals
Fit for life
Achieving the maximum benefit from the minimal dose of training.
- Getting enough regular exercise and activity
- Avoiding overtraining
- Following the progression of mechanics, consistency and then adding relative intensity
- Placing value on modifications and understanding the purpose of training
Understand how fuel affects your body
- Prioritizing whole food sources
- Meeting basic nutrient needs
- Staying hydrated
- Awareness of sugar in beverages
- Mindful alcohol consumption
Recover with intensity
Seem silly? Your recovery is actually more important than your training.
- Getting 8 hours of quality sleep
- Getting enough recovery (massage, yoga, mobility, etc..)
- Learning the basics of self massage and tissue work
- Connection to industry resources (the Docs we trust and turn to when we don’t know the answers)
How to plan for the results you want.
- Basic food prep
- Food shopping and awareness strategies
- Communicating needs effectively (social situations with food/drinks)
- Planning indulgences
Creating a supportive environment
Do you influence your environment, or does it influence you?
- Creating an environment that actively supports the outcome you want
- Addressing unsupportive social networks
- Surrounding yourself with situations that challenge you and enable you to grow
Mindset - the path forward
We win or we learn.
- Adopting a growth mindset
- Consistency is the goal
- Busyness and stress, avoiding being overwhelmed by life