Owner and Coach
Wylie comes from a background in non-profit and sport activism and really long bike rides. Wylie has advocated for sport and active lifestyles as a tool for social change across the country in several start-up endeavors over the past 13 years. He has worked in cities around the country to help individuals recover from substance abuse, homelessness and incarceration. He found CrossFit in 2013 in an effort to rebuild a body broken down from years of solely endurance sports. “I believe that sport’s most valuable gift is as a tool for individual transformation and ultimately social change. I believe that when we sweat and push ourselves, we see who we are meant to be and can share that with others. What is so special about the our community at Subversus is that there is no barrier that creates division the way you can experience in other sports. You can’t fumble the ball and let your team down. There’s no winner or loser. The only criteria is effort and inclusion. Something that both a brand new and seasoned athlete can bring in equal measure. Fostering that in our gym while providing a space to build the fittest athlete and community is what excites and inspires me every day.
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- USAW Level 1 Coach
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit Endurance
- XPT Performance Breathing Certified Coach
- Founder and Executive Director, UliftU
- Two time Ironman World Championship qualifier (competed in 2013)
- 2013 Ironman 70.3 World Championship qualifier
- In 2014 was ranked top 50 in the world in the Ironman world rankings for age group 30-34
- Marathon PR of 2:31, Half marathon PR of 1:11, 5k of 15:31
- Completed the Wellington to Auckland Bike Challenge in 2011, a 700k bicycle stage race in New Zealand over 7 days.
- 2017 Be Well Philly Health Hero Finalist